I’ve been happily reading my way through the Dewey system from 000-100. This category was a rather fun section containing all sorts of things to do on the internet, tons of trivia, world records, and various freaky bits of information by Ripley’s Believe It or Not! In addition to all of this information, I digested several quotes from both famous and infamous people and read about the inventions of bubblegum and hula hoops.
Just to share some of the fun, I’ve selected a few random and mostly useless facts for your pondering:
- The citrus soda 7-UP was created in 1929; ‘7’ was selected after the original 7-ounce containers and ‘UP’ for the direction of the bubbles.
- No word in the English language rhymes with month, orange, silver and purple.
- The electric chair was invented by a dentist.
- In The Empire Strikes Back there is a potato hidden in the asteroid field.
- In the White House, there are 13,092 knives, forks and spoons.