Thank you so much to Youmeanme author of the Saving Without Scrimping blog for nominating Dewey Hop for the “One Lovely Blog Award!” Youmeanme is loving life on a budget and I love visiting her site where there are all sorts of great ideas for living life and staying on budget. She’s a fun and creative person!
Guidelines for the “One Lovely Blog Award”:
•Thank the person who nominated you for the award.
•Add the “One Lovely Blog Award” logo to your post and/or blog.
•Share 7 facts/or things about yourself.
•Nominate 15 bloggers you admire and inform nominees by commenting on their blog.
7 Random Facts & Things in no Particular Order:
1. I love to read and have always been a voracious reader. Writing the Dewey Hop blog for the Fulton County Public Library in Rochester, Indiana is a great excuse to get to read a lot! I am primarily a nonfiction reader (thus the reason Dewey Hop begins in the nonfiction section), but I do enjoy works of fiction and plan to read through all parts of the library as well as explore all the great resources and services.
2. My husband and I plan to someday be on the mission field. We have started taking baby steps towards this goal. The most recent one being that he has finished schooling for airplane mechanics/body work. (He is almost finished now with FAA Boards; one test to go!)
3. My daughter recently got a job cleaning airplanes!
4. Before working for the library, I have done all sorts of other jobs including, but not limited to: being a Special Education Teacher, being in management positions for various retail stores, Co-founder of a group that helps people with difficulties in the workplace, a demo person giving free samples/items to customers in a grocery store and even working for a potato chip company.
5. I’m currently writing a book. It is a true story and testimony of things my family has been through and how we believe God brought us through them. Truth really is stranger than fiction!
6. The last book I read was about Obsessive Compulsive Disorder called Amen, Amen, Amen by Abby Sher. The book(s) I am currently reading are Angel Armies by Tim Sheets and a book about living with autism called Raising Cubby by John Elder Robison.
7. I have lived in 5 states: New Mexico, Indiana, Tennessee, Georgia, and Pennsylvania. I have also lived in one US Territory: Guam.
My Nominations for the “One Lovely Blog Award” are:
- A Year of Living Kindly
- Nancy of Practially Wise
- A Perfectly Flawed Ruby
- Claudia McGill and Her Art World
- transforminglife no
- Tea and Tales
- Happiness Between Tails
- Under Western Skies
- Finding My Own Way
- Pointing Telescopes
- Concierge Librarian