Dewey Hop is once again honored to receive another award. This time it’s The Mystery Blogger Award. Many thanks to Melinda at purpleslobinrecovery for nominating Dewey Hop.
Okoto Enigma created this award as a means of helping bloggers connect and discover amazing blogs. This is what she says the The Mystery Blogger Award is for:
“Mystery Blogger Award” is an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve any of the recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging; and they do it with so much love and passion.
Here are the rules for accepting/nominating for this award:
- Post the award/ image on your blog .
- Thank whoever nominated you and give a link back to their blog.
- Mention the creator of the award and give a link back to her blog.
- Nominate some deserving bloggers and notify your nominees by commenting on their blogs.
- Ask your nominees 5 questions of your choice; including one weird or funny question.
So without further ado, here are the answers to the questions I received:
- If you could change one thing about our country, what would it be and why?
I would make abortion illegal. I believe in the sanctity of human life. Also, I consider killing an unborn child to be murder.
2. Which super hero powers would you like to have, if given a chance? Why ?
Super speed like Super Man! I would like to have super speed because I could rush through annoying chores/house keeping, etc and then slow down for more enjoyable activities. I would be able to accomplish so much more each day!
3. What motivates you to blog (write) ?
As far as the Dewey Hop blog, I blog because it’s part of my job at the Fulton County Public Library. I love reading the library books and getting to share what I’ve read about. Not only is this aspect of my job enjoyable, I’m learning a lot too! I also enjoy all the interaction with fellow bloggers.
As far as writing which isn’t my job–like the book I’m writing–I have several reasons. The main reason for the book is to keep a promise to my oldest tadpole. (For more info read Suicide and Survival.) It’s also a healing experience for me. I am hoping to help many others through very difficult circumstances of life because we’re all in this together!
4. What is something you like to collect, if anything?
I collect country angels. I will post a picture of a few of them.
All of these angels are on the top of my desk at home. I will spare you all the rest! Just take my word for it-there are a lot of them! The ones I collect are all hand crafted (although I didn’t make any of them). I do have a few that were mass manufactured (none pictured in this post), but they look like hand crafted ones and mostly those are some that other people have given me but that fit in with my collection.
5. If given the chance to rename any fast food restaurant, which would it be? What would it’s new name be?
I am not a big fan of fast food as most of it is unhealthy (although that is beginning to change with some menu choices). If I had to rename any fast food joints, it probably wouldn’t be nice names so, “If you can’t say anything nice don’t say anything at all” seems to apply here!
I am happy with the questions that were asked of me, so if my nominees would like to participate, please just use the same questions.
Should they choose to accept The Myster Blogger Award and participate, here are my nominations:
- Tierney – Tierney is truly a blogger who inspires and motivates! She is a versatile blogger as well. Not only does Tierney inspire and motivate in creative endeavers she’s also very thought provoking in sharing her thoughts about the audiobooks she loves to listen to. She also sometimes shares her hiking adventures, life with her dogs, and life with the other human in her household Terry the Quilting Husband (TTQH). I always look forward to her posts and adventures.
- Camie-Camie is a “new to me” blogger that I’ve only just discovered and she’s already an inspiration to me! She has a way of making events come to life through her writing. I enjoy all of the pictures she shares in describing her life events and adventures.
- Cale-Cale is a fun blogger who blogs about his life experiences through organizations, family, home, and work. He is very inspirational because he is always involved in different projects. He is pretty handy around his house and always has multiple projects going on on the homefront. He’s helping to build a cabin get away with his family. His energy level is always high and he’s “real” in writing about his experiences. In addition to all of the above, he also does movie reviews which are always interesting.